Kao Collins Inc . released “5 Trends for Industrial Inkjet Printing in 2022” to help production managers plan and leverage business opportunities.
“Businesses are struggling to meet the pent-up consumer demand due to workforce shortages and the fragile supply chain,” said Stephen Buchanan, Kao Collins inkjet business manager. “Industrial inkjet printing is seeing rapid growth fueled by the need for fast and flexible printing options.”
Several trends in particular have emerged, leveraging the opportunities that Inkjet printing affords, Buchanan said.
• Medical UDI Coding – Global standards for Unique Device Identification of medical devices and equipment is causing urgency as more countries enact or plan to implement regulations and requirements similar to those in Japan and the United States.
• LED-Curable Inks – The e-commerce boom accelerated the adoption of versatile eco-friendly inks because of their weather resistance, rapid curing, excellent adhesion, and wider color gamut.
• Security Inks – Increased regulatory requirements involving product tracking and supply chain security have coupled with the necessity to curb fraud to fuel growth and interest in security inks.
• Fast Drying Inks – Interest in fast-drying ink outpaces other production priorities for users of industrial inkjet ink with over 36% of users on KAO Collins substrate and ink matching database seeking fast-drying inks.
• Private Label Food – The private brand food industry is winning more market share as consumers look for quality alternatives to national brands, and industrial inkjet printing offers producers the opportunity to segment SKUs with efficiency and flexibility.
“All these trends have led industrial printers to integrate into digital printing, as it allows businesses to leverage the versatility of industrial inkjet inks that print many materials, combined with other well-known benefits.” Buchanan said.