Fox News Flash top entertainment headlines for January 13 00:00
Autoplay Alec Baldwin has handed over his cellphone to authorities , according to officials.
The cellphone was turned over to authorities in Suffolk County, the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s office confirmed to Fox News Digital on Friday. The department will gather the evidence off the phone and then turn over the information to the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office.
Baldwin’s civil attorney Aaron Dyer of Pillsbury, Winthrop, Shaw, Pittman previously told Fox News Digital that the actor would be handing over his phone this week.
"We reached an agreement last weekend with the Santa Fe Sheriff’s Office and the Santa Fe District Attorney’s Office, and Mr. Baldwin’s phone is being turned over this week for review," Dyer told Fox News Digital Thursday.
"Ever since this tragic incident, Mr. Baldwin has continued to cooperate with the authorities, and any suggestion to the contrary is simply untrue," he added. "We requested that the authorities obtain a warrant so that we could protect his privacy on other matters unrelated to ‘Rust’ and have been working through that process. We are finalizing logistics with the authorities in New York who are assisting in this matter."
The search warrant for the cellphone was approved by a Santa Fe County magistrate judge on Dec. 16. The lead detective on the case served the warrant to Baldwin through his attorney via email and the attorney acknowledged it, according to the sheriff’s department press release.After Baldwin didn’t immediately hand over the cellphone, the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Department enlisted the help of the Santa Fe District Attorney’s Office and authorities in the state of New York.The Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Department wants to search Baldwin’s phone for any evidence relating to the death of Halyna Hutchins . Baldwin was holding a gun while rehearsing for a scene in the indie film "Rust" on Oct. 21 when the gun discharged, killing Hutchins.